Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says, I am curious to see if anyone on the forum is participating. They have started training and here is the results for the one mile toss. Alot of good flyers in the list

http://vegasrace.us/vr/sites/default/files/BAND CHECK.htm

The bird count did drop a little from 500+ to about 450 as it was posted on the website. Some birds were injured or some from quarantine were to old to be settled I guess. Do share your thoughts and inputs and if you are flying this racce. Or just give me your thoughts on this race.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Best of luck to all in this race....looks like some big name competition! I always like when the Europeans send birds to this race - then these birds become available to the US market on ipigeon at very reasonable prices.

Looks like starting inventory was about 550 ... and they are down to 450 before the first toss...

I am always amazed how a big race such as the MDPR lose very little birds at settling ! And they take in birds that the Germans have trained 200 miles and sent to be re-settled in South Africa... and yet they will lose less than 1% of the birds at settling (out of about 5,000).

G

·
Best of luck to all in this race....looks like some big name competition! I always like when the Europeans send birds to this race - then these birds become available to the US market on ipigeon at very reasonable prices.

Looks like starting inventory was about 550 ... and they are down to 450 before the first toss...

I am always amazed how a big race such as the MDPR lose very little birds at settling ! And they take in birds that the Germans have trained 200 miles and sent to be re-settled in South Africa... and yet they will lose less than 1% of the birds at settling (out of about 5,000).
wow is that true that they resettle that many birds ?? that is amazing ,wish they would share that kind of information with the general public :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts