Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People talk a lot about the Koopmans and want to get a hold of their birds. Thr Verkerks seem to be doing well also, but are not talked about as much. Do you guys/gals think that Verkerks are being overshadow by Koopmans? What are your thoughts on the Verkerk birds? And if you have some, how are they doing for you?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Read an interesting article about the Verkerks. They are moving because of issues with their neighbors. Keep in mind that they are a small backyard outfit, with many big wins. Koopman is a corporation with huge numbers. This would be like comparing Ganus to say Warren, Engels with Sangers. All have big wins.

I would think a pair of Verkerks would add to the quality of your loft. I also think a few Koopman birds would do the same. Marcel Sangers added Koopmans to his colony and that worked out well for him. My thoughts are they guys with fewer numbers know their birds better and probably only keep what they know are good. A guy with 20 pairs as opposed to 100 has to be more selective.

We have a few guys in our club with Koopman birds. The do pretty good with them.

Randy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Last Time i heard they had more olympic birds than anyone else to date in the history of the sport. They dont advertise. They Dont sell. They have some of the best birds in the world and they know what to do with them. I dont think there going anywhere soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts