Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have to admit . . .that was funny . . once I saw someone else helped the poor thing.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I understand the gist of the commercial, however I think the point could have been made after the first guy found the bird rather than to continue it having the bird crash into a building and then get kicked off the scaffolding.

I don't see any humor in that. Sorry. :(

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Call me a Crazy Pigeon Person but... what is so funny about it?!:confused:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Maybe I'm just too old or too stupid, but I don't get it. There is no humor in this video....I think it is a display of pigeon cruelty watching it being kicked off that scaffold.

Just another Crazy Pigeon Person

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I thought it was just me not finding it funny a bird crashing into a wall and then being kicked off.
It would have been much nicer without that part.

Reti

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What's funny about a bird being found injured in the street, being fed beer, finally being set free only to fly into a building and get kicked off of a scaffolding? I take in far too many injured birds, who will never fly again due to injuries, or who can't even stand by themselves, to find an injured bird funny. I brought a beautiful, large, badly injured hawk to Tufts veterinary school, wrapped in a towel for the hour ride that it took to get him there. He was badly injured from flying into my roof, much like that pigeon in the video. These things really happen to birds, and I question the heart of anyone who finds something like that funny. Tell me...................................would it be as funny if it were a video that used a child getting hit by a car, instead of a pigeon hitting a wall? And then if someone just kicked the child and walked past him, would you laugh at that? Many people are callous enough to kick a bird that way. Do you really find that to be funny. Well I don't. All it did was to show things that do happen all the time in real life. Are they funny? Obviously whomever made that video sees a bird as something not very worthwhile. I find that sad.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I must say that they should have stopped at the point the dove was being helped. By the end of the ad it was animal cruelty, and I flagged it on Youtube and posted a comment.

Also, in the very first frames you can clearly tell that the dove had its wings tied or otherwise confined .. at best a poor excuse for an ad IMO.

Terry

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
What's funny about a bird being found injured in the street, being fed beer, finally being set free only to fly into a building and get kicked off of a scaffolding? I take in far too many injured birds, who will never fly again due to injuries, or who can't even stand by themselves, to find an injured bird funny. I brought a beautiful, large, badly injured hawk to Tufts veterinary school, wrapped in a towel for the hour ride that it took to get him there. He was badly injured from flying into my roof, much like that pigeon in the video. These things really happen to birds, and I question the heart of anyone who finds something like that funny. Tell me...................................would it be as funny if it were a video that used a child getting hit by a car, instead of a pigeon hitting a wall? And then if someone just kicked the child and walked past him, would you laugh at that? Many people are callous enough to kick a bird that way. Do you really find that to be funny. Well I don't. All it did was to show things that do happen all the time in real life. Are they funny? Obviously whomever made that video sees a bird as something not very worthwhile. I find that sad.
I hadn't even noticed that the 'liquid' in the eyedropper was beer colored, which makes the commercial even more disturbing.

There are several aspects of that commercial that are disturbing.
Consumers viewing it may think it's OK to offer a bird alcohol, which it isn't.
The 'white' dove isn't even the kind of bird that should be free flying. :eek:

Overall, the commercial is in poor taste.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I must say that they should have stopped at the point the dove was being helped. By the end of the ad it was animal cruelty, and I flagged it on Youtube and posted a comment.

Also, in the very first frames you can clearly tell that the dove had its wings tied or otherwise confined
.. at best a poor excuse for an ad IMO.

Terry
Thanks, Terry.

I noticed that the dove was lying down in an awkward position, but didn't notice the wings were confined. :mad:

One thing for sure, there was absolutely nothing funny about that commercial.

Cindy

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I am so glad to find so much agreement to my own first reaction.

I saw this yesterday and also felt that perhaps I had got it wrong, but I was disturbed from the very first frame and it didn't improve from there. I felt that as my views obviously were out of harmony with the rest of the forum I would just slink off. I am grateful to those of you who were more corageous than me and pointed out the reality of the video.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

Also, in the very first frames you can clearly tell that the dove had its wings tied or otherwise confined .. at best a poor excuse for an ad IMO.

Terry
I read your comment last night, Terry, which was very good.
Sadly, it appears to have been removed. :( Unless I'm just missing it.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Sadly, it appears to have been removed. Unless I'm just missing it.
I think that the person who uploads a video on You Tube can remove comments.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I did not have sound, but gatherd the bird being "nursed" back with beer in a dropper and then it flew into the building where a beer ad was...I guess they were trying to say he wanted more and in doing so crashed and then he gets picked up by another...and so on it goes.... it was a bit funny, but did not give any respect to the bird....which I did not like, people used the poor things injuries as a joke and it just did not sit right with me either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.