Pigeon-Talk banner

Very sad news about our member janiex

6K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  bluebirdsnfur 
#1 ·
Last summer Janie joined our forum looking for me and a home for her much loved rescued wood pigeon Tweety. http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=28669&referrerid=560

John and I went to collect Tweety and immediately warmed to Janie and her friend Larry. While we were chatting Janie mentioned that her X-rays had shown a shadow on her lung which the doctors feared could be cancer.

John provided updates on Tweety's progress and in October Larry wrote to tell us that Janie had completed a course of radiotherapy and had started chemotherapy.

At the beginning of this month Larry wrote to John to tell him that Janie was bedridden and that she was always talking to her carers about Tweety (we renamed him Tweetywood) and asking if we could send some more photos of Tweety, which we did.

Yesterday John received this sad e-mail from Larry:

Janie passed away Friday the 13th. I wanted you to know and she loved the photo's that you send she was always smiling when she seen them

Bye for now

Larry

Janie was a special person and we will always remember her. Tweetywood owes his life to her which will serve as a constant reminder.

[URL="
[/URL]

Cynthia

See less See more
#3 ·
That's so sad, Cynthia. I'm really sorry.

#15 ·
I'm so sorry to hear that Janie has passed away. She was obviously such a special person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.