Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in the kitchen today and looked out the window at my loft and noticed some type of bird of prey sitting on the fence next to the flight pen to my loft looking at my birds!! They were all inside of the loft probably terrified. I took my camera and went outside to get him on video but he took off before I could get a good closeup shot of him, he wasn't a redtail, it seemed a little smaller and slimmer. Probably a goshawk or something it looked like it specialized in eating birds, very fast and agile when it took off.
Anyway, I wanted to get something on video so I took some random footage of my birds in their dirty loft (today's cleaning day).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1X9QTKAr9U

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Do they have an aviary on the outside beyond that opening they go thru?

I enjoyed the music and looking at your sweet birds.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
You have some gorgeous birds. I like the clever nesting boxes too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they have an aviary on the outside beyond that opening they go thru?

I enjoyed the music and looking at your sweet birds.
Yes, although I wouldn't call it an aviary because it's not that big, probably 3'x4' and 6' tall... It's big enough so they can go out and flap their wings all they want. It's covered in 1/2" hardware cloth so they're safe from birds of prey.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have some gorgeous birds. I like the clever nesting boxes too.
Yeah the nesting boxes aren't ideal but it's so easy to unstack them and move them and remove them and clean them that I decided the positives outweigh the negatives...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there something I can build to put the water jug in to keep it from getting dirty? As you can see it's on the floor and if I put it in an empty nest box, I think one of the cocks will claim it as his own and won't let any others drink.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Yeah the nesting boxes aren't ideal but it's so easy to unstack them and move them and remove them and clean them that I decided the positives outweigh the negatives...
are those nest boxes milk crates?...how are they open on one end....:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good idea

Hey good work on the milk crates thanks for the idea ima incorporate it in to my loft. Your a badass excuse the language i would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a neat mix of breeds! Are those ice pigeons/Damascenes?
They are indeed very nice damascenes. When I first got into pigeons I saw them on feathersite.com but couldn't find any for months because theyre not that common. One day by chance i learned of a bird swap and I went and that God because a man was selling all of his buddies damascenes.. I jumped on all of them (10 or so).

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
They are indeed very nice damascenes. When I first got into pigeons I saw them on feathersite.com but couldn't find any for months because theyre not that common. One day by chance i learned of a bird swap and I went and that God because a man was selling all of his buddies damascenes.. I jumped on all of them (10 or so).
Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Stunning birds!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts