Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try a deep litter system in my breeders loft for the first time. Yesterday I covered the plywood floor with 2in of corn cob bedding. This morning when I went out to check on the birds, I found piles of vomit all over the place. The vomit contained pieces of the litter. One of my best cockbirds still has an extended crop from the night before. I have a few questions. Has anyone had experience with this? Do you think the birds have learned their lesson? Are the birds going to be alright? Is there anything I should/can do?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I've seen a bird die from eating corncob.
I would start by removing it and watch the birds that seem affected closely. I don't know what you can do about the bird with the extended crop, guess taking him to a vet would be best.

Reti

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I agree with what Reti has recommended, remove all the corn cob. I would also get the the cock bird to an avian vet, if you can, where they can properly flush out his crop of any cob bits that may be backing things up.

Good luck with him,

Karyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.