Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a pigeon who has a deformed beak. Now I want to know if anyone know for sure if it will become an issue in future when she will have a baby. Because parents have to feed there baby through beak. If anyone have some direct experience it would be very helpful if u share with me..

Picture is included

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I think the feeding will be fine. The baby will stick his beak into the mom or dads beak for feeding, so there won't be a problem.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I don't think it will be. Is the mom able to eat by herself? If this is a genetic issue, I don't know if the baby might inherit this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes. She can eat by herself. But I am worried if I want her to have baby. Because I thought baby may face problem for her deformed beak.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If the beak deformity is genetic, I wouldn't breed her. You don't know what other underlying illnesses or bad genes she may have to pass on to her babies.

If it isn't genetic, the baby should be fine. they kind of stick their beaks more into the throat of the parent pigeons to slurp out the crop milk (just makes you hungry thinking about it, doesn't it?😂)

If it is genetic but you still want her to raise a baby with her mate, consider getting some fertile pigeon eggs for her to hatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts