Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Howdy.

Before you get a bird, you should look for a local racing club. Then work with them to understand all the things that you will need to do to race. There are rules about lofts and such (maybe even what clock you can use). Once you have all that figured out then you should start looking for birds. More than likely the club will be able to help you get started.

contact the American Racing Pigeon Union to find a club.

Just so you know, you might be able to race in 2011, but it will be a bit of work. It might be a good plan to work toward a 2012 race season.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I am in upstate NY. But I grew up in Columbus (Whitehall actually). Back then I wanted to race pigeons according to my mother, but they wouldn't let me. Apparently there was a pretty strong community of racers but they didn't want to get involved.

Now my son and I are preparing our race loft for our first season of racing. It is a lot of fun, but you will almost certainly want to have a mentor from your local club. It has been very helpful for us (I just talked to my mentor this morning about something that I saw in our birds). Having someone with experience to get you started right can make all the difference between "fun" and "work".

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
http://pigeon.org/findaclub.php

IF clubs in OH, because they are too stupid to have a 'find a club' section. (Yes, I am a member of the IF and our club is affiliated with them, but still their website sucks!)
Went through the band list and picked out all the Ohio people. They may or may not be what you're looking for.

ATB
American Trenton Breeders
Jerry Johnson
07316 Lake Rd.
Hicksville, OH 43526

HOF
Hall Of Fame
Robert Gallik
1312 18th St. N.E.
Canton, OH 44705

J-VILLE
Jeromesville Inv. RPC
Steve Piroch
15273 Gore Orphanage Rd. Wakeman, OH 44889

OPC
Original Racing Pigeon Club
Lloyd House
1463 Melbourne Dr. S.E.
Girard, OH 44420

TOR
Toronto Racing Pigeon Club
Tom Gates
8583 St. Hwy. 213
Toronto, OH 43964

WES
Western Reserve Pigeon Club
Nestor Lambermont
965 Adelaide Ave. S.E.
Warren, OH 44484

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi sky_tx! Glad to see you back.

Rono, MaryOfExeter and sky_tx are great folks to have helping you. Sky_TX has been racing since God created pigeons and MaryOfExeter can tell you all about genetics (and she isn't old like most of us).

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Jaysen--I sent a private message to another member with some "CHOICE" words.
He posted them on this site--I got banned-for sending him Ugly words.-he did not even get a "NOTICE".
But I use friends computers and different User Names and still send him "NOTES".
I just hope his screen does not turn "RED"
Old Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Knowledge.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Rono842,here is the Columbus AU club and a few other close ones contact information. If you can't get any race stock from them, I can help you.

45. Club Name : SOUTHERN FLYING CLUB
Club Code : COLUMBUS OHIO
Club Secretary : Leroy Croxton
City : Columbus
State : OH
Phone No. : 614-267-2734
Email Address :

51. Club Name : CIRCLEVILLE PIGEON CLUB
Club Code : CPC
Club Secretary : PAUL HADDOX
City : STOUTSVILLE
Phone No. : 740-474-7867
Email Address :

41. Club Name : LANCASTER PIGEON CLUB
Club Code : COC
Club Secretary : DAVID BREHM
City : LANCASTER
Phone No. : 740-654-3665
Email Address :

1. Club Name : MIAMI VALLEY SPORTSMAN, INC.
Club Code : MVS
Club Secretary : GARY POTTS
City : SPRINGFIELD
Phone No. : 937-360-1979
Email Address : [email protected]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey keith, thanks for info i give them a call and see what up, i went to your sight dang you have a lot of birds,i have your email i will get with you, iam so new i dont have a loft, but in time.later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.