Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi all
I'm looking for a pair or two of African black eagles
Thanks Eric
We all are looking for some Black Eagles.
Is it possible to find birds that can truly be called Black Eagles?
There is a recent thread that discusses this in detail. And there is a guy who has, what I believe to be, as close to the actual original strain of Black Eagles as possible.
But, he does not, and has not raced them for years. And he is not selling.
Please see the other thread.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I had a Flying Partner in the early 80's who flew Black eagles.(out of Waukegan, Illinois). I was not impressed with their looks or Performance. We flew out of the same loft and they were nothing to write Home about... If I remember, he spent some coin on them!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a Flying Partner in the early 80's who flew Black eagles.(out of Waukegan, Illinois). I was not impressed with their looks or Performance. We flew out of the same loft and they were nothing to write Home about... If I remember, he spent some coin on them!
Ok then witch black racing homer strain would you prefer

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
LOL I never take color into consideration in picking Racing Homer breeding stock. Only Body type, Character, and of course #1 PERFORMANCE.
BUT it always seems that I end up with Checks, barred, or splashes.
That should tell you something. COLOR means squat.
Lately it seems the checks have more of what I am looking for.
that is by chance just the strains i am working with.
But go figure, I prefer splashes.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
P.S. BUT if you could get a hold of some stock from the "Black" thread go for it they seem to have it all IF the performance is there. But I think he is from India?
His birds are MAGNIFICENT!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 4 black eagles theres a pic of them in my profile they look the same as those in that thread

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ok then witch black racing homer strain would you prefer
I have had good success with my Black Diamonds. I do good with them at home and this year I sent 2 out. Both did good, one placed in the money in the LBRA race. Band # LBRA 980 I love the way they look and the way they keep on coming home.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have never tried black knights. I have read about them, they sound good of course. There will be good, average, and poor quality birds in any strain or family of birds. I too was looking for eagles to try or cross onto my diamonds. I was unable to locate any for sale that I thought were worth trying.
If you want new blood why not try crossing diamonds or knights onto your eagles?
Where did you get your eagles?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lucky ill read the book if I can find it

Jr Brown I am thinking about cross breeding because it is really hard to find black eagles. I have found some at stromberg hatchery but don't no wether I should get them or not. I got mine from a guy in Colorado

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i personal wouldn't buy any race bird from stromberg hatchery a true race bird can not be mass produce.

if you are just wanting to add more black race bird to your i would suggest black diamond, black widow, or even black HVR..but it wouldn't matter cause your birds are black already any bird bred to your should still produce black offspring.

Dennis khun will sell some black eagle every now and then he does have some black diamond right now for sell

·
Registered
369 Posts
Lucky ill read the book if I can find it

Jr Brown I am thinking about cross breeding because it is really hard to find black eagles. I have found some at stromberg hatchery but don't no wether I should get them or not. I got mine from a guy in Colorado
CBS has some black diamonds as well. My birds are out of CBS Black Diamonds. Do you race your birds? Do you have others besides the 4 you have on your profile page? What are these mutants you are talking about? Are you inbreeding? Where are you located? If you are serious about adding some Blacks, weather it is Eagles, Diamonds, Knights, or just a proven breeder or racer who happens to be black, and you don't want to pay a small fortune because of reputation, people on this site can probably help. What are you looking for, hens, cocks, pairs? Do you want to race their offspring? Get something proven then, something that has raced or breed good racers.
I will try to find the contact info of the guy in New York that sold me my Diamonds a few years ago. I may have 1 or 2 available to help you if you need something fresh. I have enough breeders and only fly young birds.
Tell us more about what you want and for want purpose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i personal wouldn't buy any race bird from stromberg hatchery a true race bird can not be mass produce.

thanks for the advice

Jr Brown i do not race my birds because i live in Alaska no pigeon clubs and i have only found 3 people that have pigeons but i want to start one loft racing and maybe send some birds to some one in states so they can race them.
I do have more then the 4 eagles i have 6 offspring's from them. I am considering to cross breed them to some thing that has performed good, that's not to pricey and has preferably only black in the strain. I'm look for any thing cock, hen, pair and i would love to race there offspring.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.