Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might purchase a machine that can either stamp or imprint blank bands of make imprinted bands from scratch? I've googled and googled but can't seem to find anything. The AU and CPFA and other such groups have them so they have to be available from somewhere. Thanks, Gille.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hey all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might purchase a machine that can either stamp or imprint blank bands of make imprinted bands from scratch? I've googled and googled but can't seem to find anything. The AU and CPFA and other such groups have them so they have to be available from somewhere. Thanks, Gille.
There are companies in the US that make bands, however, far as I know, the AU, IF and CU get their bands from overseas somewhere. By the time you buy a machine (if you can find one) and the materials to make the bands, why not just buy bands from someone who already sells them for $.35 each? For the price you would pay, you could buy a WHOLE BUNCH of bands.........

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi GILLE, If you have show birds be fore warned the NPA will not allow home made bands at their national show.They have had trouble in the past with home made bands Where people made bands for the next year and banded their late hatches so that they could show them as young birds that in fact were yearlings. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
specialized bands

I'd like to band my birds with my website or phone number. I know I can get custom bands made by someone else but I'd much rather do it myself and offer the same service to others here in the north for a descent price. Now we have to send to the USA or far out west to get any bands. It's a bit much. I still have not found a link to anyone who suppiles a band maker. But I am still looking through the site link provided http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/resources/supplrs.htm

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
We used to get our band's from Belgium, or Holland. Now we get them from (guess where) China.
Set up your operation, I'll put a order in!
Hi BRUMMIE,As far asI know the NPA bands are made in GERMANY, I no longer race so I realy don't know about the IF or AU bands, so if you race you best make sure before you spend your hard earned money for bands that may not be honored for racing. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi BRUMMIE,As far asI know the NPA bands are made in GERMANY, I no longer race so I realy don't know about the IF or AU bands, so if you race you best make sure before you spend your hard earned money for bands that may not be honored for racing. GEORGE;)
I know George. It's just I would not discourage anybody from giving it a try...More or less on the same subject, I would be willing to pay a little more if the product was made in the US or Canada.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how much are they

so how much does a band maker cost? No ones indicated a price range or where one can actually buy them. I mean if it is just a few hundred to me though it is a lot it would be well worth it... if it's thousands i can understand the cost being up there but for say $200 to $300 I'd rather buy it and charge around $0.35 a band canadian. Where can they be priced even?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.