Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Kannibaal hen on eggs from Rick Nanez that bred a money winner and multiple diploma winner last year.

My race winner from Mark (ace in the hole) with my top 360 mile young bird from last year:

A Fabry hen that is an aunt to the 19th place SCMDPR winner and bred me diploma and top 10% birds herself with a BB cock from Galaxy Loft:

The gang:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BB hen on the left is a mother and grandmother to race and diploma winners, the Silver hen is off of a multiple 400 and 500 mile winner, the splash hen is mother, grandmother, and great grandmother to race, money, and diploma winners, the BBWF hen on the bottom is a 10 year old golden hen paired with a cock off of Leen Boers, direct from Leen Boers himself:

This was from our recent snow storms:

That Leen Boers cock I was talking about:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Very nice looking birds you have there, and I can see you keep your loft very clean too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures . Is that Kannibaal from Rick crossed with anything special or straight Dirks Van ***** ? I have a Janssen / Kannibaal cross from Rick I races last year YB and just banded its babies tonight.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice looking birds you have there, and I can see you keep your loft very clean too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures . Is that Kannibaal from Rick crossed with anything special or straight Dirks Van ***** ? I have a Janssen / Kannibaal cross from Rick I races last year YB and just banded its babies tonight.
Thank you for the compliments the hen is bred to a cock off of his Tobacco Valley Kid so it's pretty much Kannibaal, forgot to mention the hen is 1/4 Houben, Sun Goddess is her grandmother.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice pics

Nice loft and great looking birds. Wow! alot of snow in your area. Like your nest boxes, would like something like that for my roller pen.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I wasn't going to say anything about snow but I was bored too this past weekend so I went and walked up the snow bank and right to the top of my loft with my Daughter and loft partner.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh man I thought I had it bad with the snow! I love the color arrangement in your loft!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice birds and pictures. I look at the snow pictures and somehow feel compelled to tell you its 70 degrees here and I have already cut my grass three times. Got an evil streak I guess:).

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's so cold out that the snow is like solid rock I can walk on it without pressing it down, if you watched Lord of the Rings it's like that scene with Legolas walking on the snow.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So far no pair have tried the milk crate . I did have a bowl in there but removed it. There are several boxes open and I even have two cocks trying to share a hen . The 8 bigger boxes with wire have doors that can be closed for new pairings and there is an older cock with a new younger hen still locked in because he did have that nest on top where that silver (mealy) hen is now sitting in that red bowl and I didn't want fighting.
I got 6 new hatchlings in the last few days :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Its always fun to see other lofts. Thanks for sharing your photos. - Weather forecast; 5degrees for tonights low. Can't take much more cold weather. I want to mow grass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts