Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out for predators.
Raccoons, opossums, mink, weasels, fox, coyotes and skunks are all starting to travel about looking for mates and searching for food to put the weight back on, that they lost over the Winter.
Right now t's only 30F here in Dayton, but the oposums and raccoons seem to be out in full force.
It's a good time to check wire on flights and coops and to make sure the traps on the lofts are securely closed.
Some of my dogs will be sleeping outside tonight.
Keith

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Talk about racoons, my yard has been dug up on more then one occassion...because they are searching for bugs to eat. It is ashame these animals are so hungry.

My pigeons are very safe and I have never had to worry for them, and with the help of deer chaser radio's my yard is looking better. :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
digging

Talk about racoons, my yard has been dug up on more then one occassion...because they are searching for bugs to eat. It is ashame these animals are so hungry.

My pigeons are very safe and I have never had to worry for them, and with the help of deer chaser radio's my yard is looking better. :p

Oh my, usually it is a scunk that will dig for grubs. I have seen migratory birds doing the same and I could not believe how much they curned up the lawn, good thing it's only for about two week's in the spring and fall migrations. >Kevin

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've never had any trouble with skunks or ***** digging in my yard, it's always armadillos. They are almost as bad a feral hogs. ***** love any kind of sweet fruit they completely ruined my watermelon patch before the melons even had time to ripen.They also climb into my pear trees to get the pears. I don't have any love for ***** even though they are cute little creatures.

·
Registered
754 Posts

I've never had any trouble with skunks or ***** digging in my yard, it's always armadillos. They are almost as bad a feral hogs. ***** love any kind of sweet fruit they completely ruined my watermelon patch before the melons even had time to ripen.They also climb into my pear trees to get the pears. I don't have any love for ***** even though they are cute little creatures.
here in MI. you can live trap and relocate racoons legally and that is the only human way to stop them from terorising your pears :eek: >Kevin

G

·
preditors come in many shapes and forms ,one always has to try and keep ahead of them by making sure the loft is always very secure .. two years back I had a black bear here and when you think about it theres not much you can do to keep everything out of the loft but one does have to put in the effort to keep things out the best that they can, prevention is the key to saving ones self from the heartbreak later on ;)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
You mean like this cute?

"Rascal" was a successful rehab, and released 100 miles away with 11 other rehabbed babies.
I love them - but don't want them in MY yard either :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts