Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Noddy my dove has had watery and now cloudy poop for a while now (about a month). I searched the forums and gave him sulfa for a week but it apparently didn't work. His poop is fine sometimes but he stands by the water a lot and plays with it, and when he does that his poop becomes watery. What could it be? I haven't changed anything in his diet and apart from that he seems fine, bowing and cooing and eating.

I took a picture of his poops a while back (hope it's clear). Today his poop was cloudy. Now the dark part is a light/pale brown (stringy looking even)and sometimes the white stuff isn't even there, just water. Please help, I would hate to lose Noddy!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
he drank too much water, my pigeons have water poops from time to time, esp after bathing as they drink more out of the pan. I would back up the sulfa drug with organic apple cider vinegar in the water for a few days.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew! for a while there I was dreading the worst. Thanks Spirit! You always come through quickly :D

He does drink a lot, spends a lot of time by the water dish playing with it and drinking. Maybe because it's getting pretty hot here now. I will give him some ACV like you suggested. BTW I have another senegal now as a companion for him and they're doing fine. Don't know if it's a he or a she though. Poor Lucky, still miss him tremendously :(

Here's Noddy's new friend, we named him/her "Sossees" meaning sausage as she grew VERY fast. The date on the camera is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.