Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my relatively new birds has droppings that are mostly comprised of water but with a little solid material. This has been going on for a week or so. Since I had found a worm in another bird's droppings, I wormed the whole flock this weekend and thought that would take care of the watery droppings in the one bird.

Well, it does not seem to be any better after the worming. No other symptoms yet, except the bird is losing some weight.

This bird was recently adopted from a couple who rescued it in August. They'd had him isolated from Aug - Jan with no exposure to other pigeons. He was quite healthy when I had him in quarantine. But now that he's in with the rest of the flock, he's gotten the watery droppings. None of the other birds have this problem so I don't know where it came from...Any ideas? I have a few meds on hand but not sure what to try for him.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Is it very watery?

Try to see if the gut bacteria needs to be repopulated, with some probiotics. After worming I imagine its depleted.

Also if there is an infection, a drop of colloidal silver will help with that.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Treesa, I will try those. I have some Colloidal Silver.
I did give one day of probiotics for everyone after the worming but another day or two wouldn't hurt anyone.

note: the droppings are mostly clear water, with a small amount of solid waste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts