Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Old German Owl pigeon has had watery droppings for a few days now and I'm a little concerned. He's 9 months old and there's been no change in his diet at all. I'm wondering if it could be because of stress as I was away for a few days and so he was locked in his cage, rather than being open to explore my room. Could the stress of being locked up have caused this? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Do you have probiotics? Add some to his food. You can also put apple cider vinegar in the drinking water for a couple of days. 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water. Is he still eating well as before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to get some probiotics. I'll start with the acv right away. He's eating just as well as before which I why I'm confused

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi, stress (like a change in the daily routine) and others factors could cause an intestinal flora disorder.

As other said try to add to his drinking water probiotics; the vet suggested me a product containing mannan-oligosaccharides and b-glucans. It's a French product so you can't find it but maybe you could find something similar to it. Here you can read its composition:

About ACV, you can regularly add it to his drinking water (twice a week).

Here is a very helpful link about droppings interpretation, they mention even stress:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts