Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to find if someone talk about the kind of poop my pigeon do.
sorry in advance for my bad English

We found a baby couple month ago and we raise him but now he is a teenager and he was so lonely and aggressive that we decide to find him a female. So I went out and bought a beautiful pigeon (She is not the same breed)

I have 2 questions:

1. what does this light green watery poop mean:confused:

2. Can you see her wing? Is it broken? The old owner cut all her feathers in her tail and part of the wings so I don't know if that way her wing hang like that.

I appreciate the help, don't know what to do.:D
put some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Can you let us know where you are? Are you able to get probiotics? The first step I take when there are worrying poops is to give probiotics. They help whether the pigeon has a bacterial or viral infection and my vet also recommends them when I am treating my pigeon for worms.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Did she take a bath before this water poop? sometimes if they drink too much they can have what I call water poops, but if she is drinking alot then she could be harboring something. so many to name it would be confusing. I would have her droppings tested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recomend that you get some probiatic yougart and mix a bit with some seed and leave to dry over night they mix again to seperate the seeds and feed these to your pigeons for two to three days that should tidy up the poop problem and put a drop of cider vinegar into there water, as for the wing i don't know if its broken but the bird looks very stressed i recomend that you put a cardboard box on the floor upside down with a small door cut out of one of the sides for the bird to relax and feel safe and at ease in. Best of luck

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
hello mrsvegan, i'll let the others address the poop, but if you just got her it could be from stress.
to me the wing looks like its drooping.
do you have access to a vet?? if so i would take her, if not
i would wrap her in a towel on your lap, hold her against your body and carefully work that wing out of the towel and try to feel each bone and joint, try to feel for swelling or breaks, try to remember what it feels like and compare it to the good wing.
while you have her in the towel check her mouth to make sure it's clean and pink with no foul odors or white cheesy looking stuff inside.
check her feathers for any parasites
is she eating and drinking well?? you may want to keep her separate from your bird until you are really sure she is healthy.
let us know what you find

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Altgirl35 may be right. If your bird is in pain (borken or injured wing) because of stress, droppings will be with looking like this. Other reason for this type of droppings may be coccidiosis (treat with clazuril based drugs or sulfas) or PMV in the past. It is good idea to visit Vet and keep bird warm and in closed, quiet place (cage, carrier etc.). You should monitor water and food intake to make sure that he is eating and drinking enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry it took me so long to answer. I couln't find my post. haha newbe hahaha

here are my answers:
I'm from Puerto Rico
They vet that i went she doesn't know much about birds :(
So i have to find a new one

She is eating and drinking fine

Separete them MMMM so I'll have to build something

She does look stress poor thing but for how long??? :(
My Ferdy boy is pooping good, normal.

I'll check for probiotic, is kind of hard to find stuff for birds here but thanks for the internet.

she put 2 eggs yesterday. One was broken I took it and now she is looking for it :( the other one i move it bc she put on the floor. but she doesn't wanna sit on it :( bad mama???

thanks you guys for answer

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts