Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The directions are on the lable. why are you going to use two different dewormers? I would just use the ivermec and again as per the directions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it out and did it last week. I use two different wormers because the Wazine is a bit more...mild, I guess. Two weeks later I use the Ivermectin, because it's a stronger broad spectrum wormer and knocks out whatever nasties the Wazine didn't. It's a pretty common practice with poultry so you're not putting so much stress on the body all at once.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I figured it out and did it last week. I use two different wormers because the Wazine is a bit more...mild, I guess. Two weeks later I use the Ivermectin, because it's a stronger broad spectrum wormer and knocks out whatever nasties the Wazine didn't. It's a pretty common practice with poultry so you're not putting so much stress on the body all at once.
oh I see, never thought of that.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Piperazine does not kill the worms it only paralyses them so they can be expled from the bowel. It only works on round worms and many of them have resistants to that drug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts