Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't get many of these fellows around here. He's coming in from Walker Lake we don't know what's wrong with him yet - looks like he might have lost some primary feathers.

NAB :)

Mighty handsome fellow.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
He is gorgeous, and we have these lovely creatures around our rivers.

Our wildlife rehabber here, will usually do a detox on water foul and those that eat fish, as standard procedure among the usual (if there are no obvious symtoms).

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Detox sounds good to me without any "obvious" signs.

What a beauty!

I see you are continuing to supply us with lovely creatures and stories to match! What an area you live in!!

Sending all our loving healing best to this fine fellow, Nab and Nancy!

Shi/Mr. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
They are certainly rare around here. I've only seen four, two separate and a pair last summer. Look at those talons!! :eek: I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I love osprey! They're pretty, and luckily they stick to fish! We have a conservation type of thing very close to here, right on a river, so there are lots of eagles, herons, and osprey there. I haven't seen one anywhere but there, besides the occasional one flying over our house. But I can see why, those guys need to nest up wayyyy high :eek: The conservation place has a lot of tall poles with platforms on them for the osprey to nest :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
so nice to see one close up, we have alot around here, I live walking distance from a reservoir, they are all around here...never have they botherd my birds. the detox thing is interesting. thanks again for a wonderful pic!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts