Pigeon-Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That's a pretty darn good lookin' fuzzy picture to me. TOO sweet. You guys that have these birds as pets have a really good vantage point from which to watch the whole process.
I know with my birds, one, because it is so cold here right now and two, they are in a loft, for the most part keep their babies covered 24/7.

Even if I do happen up on a pair feeding, most of time, ESPECIALLY if I have my camera, they will stop feeding and cover the babies right away.

Now if I DON'T have the camera, sometimes I can just stand and watch them feed the babies. I think they do it on purpose to irritate me. :rolleyes:
My guys are so used to seeing me with my camera, it doesn't even phase them. :p

I don't get right up in their face when they're feeding the babies, but I have been in the aviary attempting to get a picture & they just keep on feeding. I do keep a fairly good distance though, out of respect for the most part.

Cindy

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Terrific updates, Cindy!!

Can't wait until Chuck gets to see them...I DO hope he greets you FIRST before running out to the aviary! :p ;) :rolleyes:

Do you think you and Chuck will be able to come up with names while he's home??? No pressure, of course...;)

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I DO hope he greets you FIRST before running out to the aviary!
LOL!

I hope so to but you just might want to keep some distance just in case. I would probably stay away fom the door.

It's one thing walking into one ;) but getting hit by an opening door could really leave a mark.

The pictures are great!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks, Terry.

Terrific updates, Cindy!!

Can't wait until Chuck gets to see them...I DO hope he greets you FIRST before running out to the aviary! :p ;)

Do you think you and Chuck will be able to come up with names while he's home??? No pressure, of course...;)

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks
I doubt it. I haven't even given it any thought yet.
With Frank & Jesse's babies, it was Bonnie & Clyde from day one. Wanted to stay with the 'outlaw' theme. :p

Sadie & Sam were about three weeks old when I named them.

Cindy

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Quote:
I DO hope he greets you FIRST before running out to the aviary!

LOL!

I hope so to but you just might want to keep some distance just in case. I would probably stay away fom the door.

* It's one thing walking into one ;) but getting hit by an opening door could really leave a mark.

** The pictures are great!
* I'm assume you're referring to the famous sliding glass door incident? LOL!!
Let me tell ya, running into one leaves a pretty good mark as well. :p
Believe it or not, my forehead still hurts. :p

** What's really scary, is that I forgot I had just closed it. :rolleyes:

Cindy

·
Banned
6,379 Posts
Congratulations on the two little bundles, Cindy! :) I bet you were quite surprised when this happened but ready and willing to accept two new, beautiful birds to your little flock. :)

They are precious!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
* Congratulations on the two little bundles, Cindy! :)

** I bet you were quite surprised when this happened but ready and willing to accept two new, beautiful birds to your little flock.

They are precious!
* Thanks, Brad.

** Surprised is putting it mildly. :p
When I found the half a shell, I honestly couldn't imagine where it came from. After all, I always check the baskets. :eek:
The shell had to have been carried to where I found it. Then I found the other half across from where I found the first half. Neither were near any of the baskets. I never did find the second shell.

No question about it, they became members of the family as soon as they hatched. Believe me, they're not going anywhere. ;)

Cindy

·
Registered
500 Posts
These pics are award-winning!
You should consider entering them in a few contests!
These guys would definitely earn their keep and then some!
Thanks for the continued updates....it's a joy to come visit each nite after work!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
* These pics are award-winning!

** You should consider entering them in a few contests!

These guys would definitely earn their keep and then some!
Thanks for the continued updates....it's a joy to come visit each nite after work!
* I appreciate the compliment, Christin. :)

** Maybe one will be good enough to enter in this year's state fair.
A picture of Mikko, the babies grandpa, received an honorable mention at the 2006 state fair.

Cindy

·
Registered
984 Posts
Great pictures! I only have one complaint.
Every time I post a picture thread, I get like a few comments. Then somebody posts babies we all have to run right over and coo.
I've had several great picture posts, hijacked by a sudden baby announcement with pictures. *sigh*

Lol I'm just kidding. Someday I will have baby pictures.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Wow Cindy - I have just caught up on this thread - have to agree with everyone's posts - the more pictures the better :D No chance of mine having babies so I do just love watching babies grow up (vicariously of course). You are very talented with the camera - just seem to know exactly when the snap that shutter. The shot of the baby with his/her eyes nearly open is adorable - looks to be smiling (can understand why seeing where s/he's living ;) ). Looking forward to the daily photos!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Wow Cindy - I have just caught up on this thread - have to agree with everyone's posts - the more pictures the better. No chance of mine having babies so I do just love watching babies grow up (vicariously of course).

*You are very talented with the camera - just seem to know exactly when the snap that shutter. The shot of the baby with his/her eyes nearly open is adorable - looks to be smiling (can understand why seeing where s/he's living ;) ).

**Looking forward to the daily photos!
* Appreciate the compliment, Desirrae. :)
It's really pretty much luck. Some turn out, some don't.
Either way, I love photographing my birds & sharing those photos.

** No worries there, I'll be posting at least one picture a day to share the babies progress with the group. :)
Now that I detect some feathers beginning, picture taking becomes even more fun. :p

Cindy

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Great pictures! I only have one complaint.
Every time I post a picture thread, I get like a few comments. Then somebody posts babies we all have to run right over and coo.
I've had several great picture posts, hijacked by a sudden baby announcement with pictures. *sigh*

Lol I'm just kidding. Someday I will have baby pictures.
Oh well, that's life in the big city :rolleyes:
Keep those pics coming Cindy, you know there's nothing we love more then baby pics!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Another little ball of white snowy feathering, SO cute.

The subjects are exquisit and quality of your pictures don't hurt either.

I AGREE, keep them coming!

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I can't get enough watching those baby pics.

Reti

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Day 6, Getting as big as Mom

We're having a very cloudy, rainy day, which I'm loving. Unfortunately these aren't ideal conditions for taking pictures. However, I'll take the rain & deal with the conditions accordingly. :p

I was able to get a quite shot of the babies eating this morning.
They're really starting to flap their wings.

Sadie Has Her Beak Full :p

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
"Would you like to say Hi to all the nice people at Pigeon Talk"
"I sure would. Hi everyone"

"Hey, I want to say Hi to everyone too."

81 - 100 of 325 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.