Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures of our first born. First one last night second two today. We now have haft of our egg as squeakers. IMG_0172.jpgBetty's Babies IMG_0171.jpgWilam's First. We are so happy and looking forward to three more in the next day or two.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Congrats.... What kind of nesting material are you using there? Sure looks like a great nest.....:D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Congrats---------Very cute!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats! Wow, that was fast. Last time you were searching for pigeons and now you are already breeding.

One of your babies will have the same birthday as mine. I found one hatched today and it was a semi-oops!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all we are very happy. FYI the nesting material is a mixture of Alfalfa and Manzanita needles.

·
Registered
803 Posts
All I can say or add is that they add up quickly so please do keep that in mind in the long run or you will be over run in no time at all .Great looking start there though .

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
WHY DO PEOPLE REFER TO PIGEON BABIES BEING UGLY.tHEY COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH IMO.
Because they are born almost naked, unresponsive unlike chicks that are active, with feathers, and "tweets." I suppose there will be that comparison. I asked a kid once whether the baby pigeon was beautiful and she said, "no." And kids will say things unexpectedly and honestly. Oh, well!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Because they are born almost naked, unresponsive unlike chicks that are active, with feathers, and "tweets." I suppose there will be that comparison. I asked a kid once whether the baby pigeon was beautiful and she said, "no." And kids will say things unexpectedly and honestly. Oh, well!
Thats a good explanation :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts