Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We could really use some help. We just found a pigeon standing by the fence. When we approach him he did not fly away he just tried to hobble away. He cannot fly and I am not sure if he has broken one wing or both or there is another problem. I cannot see any blood at all. We offered him some tepid water with salt and sugar and have put him in a box where he is resting in a quite place. Now I have no idea what to do with him? Can anyone help please.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
You need to check him over really well to see if there are any wounds or injuries. Have a look way down his throat with a flashligh and see if there is anything cheesy looking down there. Would be helpful if you would post a picture of the bird so we can see if he is a feral or domestic bird, and maybe tell his age. He may be injured or sick. A close clear pic would be good, and a couple showing how he stands and holds his wings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jay, thanks so much for replying. We managed to find a wild animal / bird hospital and took him straight away as I was really nervous of making his condition worse. Will call tomorrow to see how he is doing. By the way I have that exact same quote on my wall :)
Thanks again. Best wishes Lynne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts