Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
And a picture that came today from Nimbus & Stratus's new owner, Aric :)

** No idea why the pic came through upside down. I even tried uploading an already-inverted pic and the same thing happened! **

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just dropping in with an afterword: The babies I guess are doing fine although the new owners haven't made contact since. The parents made another nest and laid two more eggs and guess what? Two beautiful babies hatched; I let them be (didn't even come out onto the balcony at all) ... and about a week later the parents abandoned them again. One died early one morning and I awoke to find its sibling obviously cold & hungry. The parents seemed disinterested in feeding or caring for them. Talk about deja vu! After a few hours I grabbed a feeding syringe and fed the youngster some honey and warm water. I had to go away for the weekend and of course when I came back yesterday ... the baby had died. I'm sure it was only hours away from death when I had to leave. Now the parents are back and looking to nest AGAIN. I can't stand this. I can't STAND seeing them reproduce only to let their babies die. I don't understand WHY this is happening. Can anyone fill me in?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Don't know could be many things, so u have no choice but to remove their nest each and every time they try to lay or block off your balcony so they have no access, or at least take the eggs as she lays them and give her two small chicken eggs to sit on and toss her eggs but only I f u get them the very days she lays the second so there is no developing embryo, which won't be till 3 days after she lay the seen egg. So if u do that then all will be fine. Also if u knew they had abandoned, and the one chick was dead, why didn't u at least call the guy who took the other two and let him feed or have the surviving chick. Leaving, knowing this bird was abandoned was a death sentence with knowledge?......

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
If abandoned then I would have brought them inside.
Maybe they are just young?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts