Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to our end of the young bird season Combine meeting. They had an auction for the birds who placed in the top ten of our Combines Classic Race (350 miles). This is the last and most prestigious race of the young bird season. I did not have any birds in this race because I did not join until the start of this young bird season, and for the Classic Race, you had to purchase special bands for it, back in the spring or even earlier. I am not sure exactly when.

Anyway, I had planned on bidding on some of the birds from the Classic, and won the two I had intentions of winning. The First Place bird and the 4th place bird.

The first place bird is also the Combine Bird of the Year. Having accumulated more points individually than any other bird in the combine. This bird had the following placements in the seasons races. Races not represented were races it did not participate in.

26th in a 100
9th in a 100
13th in a 150
64th in a 150
4th in a 200
10th in a 200
11th in a 300
1st in a 350 (the Classic Race)

I believe the average birds entered into each race were approximately 300 or so.

It is a beautiful BB white flight cock bird, 2009 of course. I do not know much about its pedigree but I think it is Hofkens based. I do know that it was flown by a champion father and son team, and also I believe that it has siblings in bigger races, such as the Flamingo Classic and the Vegas Classic. Those have not been flown yet.

I am looking forward to breeding this cock and have hopes of obtaining a hen from the original owners. Something I can line breed with.

I thank them and I thank the other memebrs of the Combine for letting me win those auctions. I think they slacked off of their biddings and let me win because they ain't afraid of me using this "stuff" to beat them) :) (or money is tight, or they are just nice guys). :)

The 4th place bird I purchased is also a sweet BB cock that did well during the season and is from a champion flyer.

I need me some good hens!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You got a extremly nice bird. I look for birds with consistancy just like that one for breeding and it is even better to win from 300. Can't ask for much more! I would bet you will breed nice birds from this one especially if you get it paired with something comperable. The best breeding hen I had this year flew 1250 miles in races last year and got 8th from 340 miles. Good luck

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
I went to our end of the young bird season Combine meeting. They had an auction for the birds who placed in the top ten of our Combines Classic Race (350 miles). This is the last and most prestigious race of the young bird season. I did not have any birds in this race because I did not join until the start of this young bird season, and for the Classic Race, you had to purchase special bands for it, back in the spring or even earlier. I am not sure exactly when.

Anyway, I had planned on bidding on some of the birds from the Classic, and won the two I had intentions of winning. The First Place bird and the 4th place bird.

The first place bird is also the Combine Bird of the Year. Having accumulated more points individually than any other bird in the combine. This bird had the following placements in the seasons races. Races not represented were races it did not participate in.

26th in a 100
9th in a 100
13th in a 150
64th in a 150
4th in a 200
10th in a 200
11th in a 300
1st in a 350 (the Classic Race)

I believe the average birds entered into each race were approximately 300 or so.

It is a beautiful BB white flight cock bird, 2009 of course. I do not know much about its pedigree but I think it is Hofkens based. I do know that it was flown by a champion father and son team, and also I believe that it has siblings in bigger races, such as the Flamingo Classic and the Vegas Classic. Those have not been flown yet.

I am looking forward to breeding this cock and have hopes of obtaining a hen from the original owners. Something I can line breed with.

I thank them and I thank the other memebrs of the Combine for letting me win those auctions. I think they slacked off of their biddings and let me win because they ain't afraid of me using this "stuff" to beat them) :) (or money is tight, or they are just nice guys). :)

The 4th place bird I purchased is also a sweet BB cock that did well during the season and is from a champion flyer.

I need me some good hens!
I am glad that you got the birds that you wanted Iwish you the best of luck with them. GEORGE;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts