Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, king pigeons are amazingly beautiful!!! sooo big and pretty, i had no idea and today is the first day i have ever seen one in person.
i started a thread earlier this week about my rehabber friend that ended up with one, and i was unsure how to help her find a home for him, and pigeon talk people come to the rescue again, msfreebird is going to adopt him.
i'll get to enjoy his company for a week or two, he is absolutely stunning, i'm smitten, and my daughter is begging to keep him, but with 11 hookbills and 1 starling my hands are full!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I got one about a month or so ago by accident, because the birds that Reti shipped for my neighbor he didn't want any kings. But I'm glad I kept him. He is such a beautiful, big bird. I'm glad you found a home for him. I named mine "******" I know so original lol!! I actually had two in the shippment that he didn't want, but the other one was mated with a pigeon and my feed store guy saw them and wanted them to have babies, and they wouldn't have been able to have babies with me. I still get to see them everytime I get food, so pretty often. min

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
wow, king pigeons are amazingly beautiful!!! sooo big and pretty, i had no idea and today is the first day i have ever seen one in person.
i started a thread earlier this week about my rehabber friend that ended up with one, and i was unsure how to help her find a home for him, and pigeon talk people come to the rescue again, msfreebird is going to adopt him.
i'll get to enjoy his company for a week or two, he is absolutely stunning, i'm smitten, and my daughter is begging to keep him, but with 11 hookbills and 1 starling my hands are full!
Altgirl35- I enjoyed talking to you tonight! I can't wait to see him, where's my picture?!!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Aren't they great?? I had to laugh when I saw your title, as my parrot has been broken-recording her "what a pretty biiiiiird" ALL night lol! She has said it about fifty times in the last few hours. :p And as for calling a King "******", when I got the three from SFACC, I used special paint to mark two of them so they became "Red Robin", "Mellow Yellow", and, of course . . ."******". :cool:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my amazon does the same thing, i say it to all the birds, she has trained me well.
she has a wholething she does.
but she sais what a pretty boy, her family before me never did her dna, they had her for 18 yrs and she goes on and on.
ooooh what a pretty boy! are you a pretty boy?? awww, what a pretty pretty pretty boy, that bird cracks me up daily

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i'll try to get a pic of him next to something later for reference, i can't get over how big he is
I bet he is as big or even bigger than my bantam chickens....:p
I think with all these kings being rescued, they should try to pair them up and find them homes as mated pairs to make them attractive as foster parents for other harder to breed pigeons...could find more homes that way..? just a thought that popped in my head..:p

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
okay here his is next to a gallon of apple cider, and he weighs a whopping 775 grams, big boy or girl
GOOD LORD!!!!!!!! LOL
Gee, I hope he doesn't sit on my other birds - my big cocky males are gonna be horrified :eek:
"Walter"! (Whopping Walter!)
He's gorgeous - I love him!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.