Pigeon-Talk banner

what are chances of getting brown offsprings??

695 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  sinu jan 
#1 · (Edited)
hello everyone, what are the chances of getting brown offsprings from this hen if i pair her with a white male. it will be fine if the babies would be the colour of female or ash red. what are chances???

#2 ·
What do you mean by brown.......what is called brown in pigeons is an allele of blue and ash red. It does not look like a brown crayon. In the photo it is hard to tell what color the photo bird is....at least on my computer. Is it ash red or brown?
White birds can be white for a lot of different reasons. The white can hide any possibility of colors. Two white birds can be very different from each other genetically. Without knowing the ancestry of the white it is hard to say what it carries. So, there is really no way to know what you will get out of such mating. Try it and see. You can always later mate any sons back to the hen to increase your chances of getting more like her.

#3 ·
she is a ash red pigeon. the white male must have some black in him as his mother is a white pigeon with black tail and is father is a white pigeon with few spot of the wings. whereas his sibling had dark greyish tail and few spots on her face. but he is completely white. i dont have any info about this red ash female.`
as i dont race or fly, i hate to break a pair, so once they are mated i wont seperate . though i think i should pair them. i think offsprings will be atleast 50% female colour. as i had a black and white hen pair with a white male. their babies were 50% black

#7 ·
hey can anyone please tell the breed of this male. i m now 100% sure its a male, maybe hes young. but behaviour is like a adult male he coos around all the hens in my loft and has paired up with a beautiful grey and white colour hen. but i want to know about his breed. i have all highflyers. i thought he is a highflyer too, but his tail is longer than my other highflyers?? so i want to be sure about his breed and bloodline! so please someone reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.