Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I’m hoping someone in this very knowledgeable group might be able to provide any information; our Inca dove has developed spots on his toes within the past couple of weeks.

Necco is a male Inca dove, a 7 year old federally permitted educational bird hatched by well-meaning humans that didn’t think everything through. He has no contact with other birds. His behavior is perfectly normal, he’s energetic as always and is starting his annual molt. He spends over half his waking hours outside the cage and has a regular daily routine with lots of interaction with me and my husband.

I noticed the first spot on one of his toes a couple of weeks ago, and now there are a couple more. The spots do not come off or soften under warm water and do not seem to be painful; he walks/perches normally and doesn’t pick at the spots. Any ideas? I’m trying to attach a photo... hope it works.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have not seen enough Inca doves to say. If you take him in to your vet for a toe nail trim, I’d ask the avian vet what he/she thinks.

If I had to guess it would be just pigment in the skin, like freckles .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts