Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As rollers how many times does they roll (should they roll) and how many hours should they fly and the height at which they fly, and any standards or rules for rollers?

thanks

Diwa

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Looks like rollers to me :) I don't think there is any set standard for rollers as far as how they fly, simply because there is such a great variation in performance. However, a lot of people breed towards birds who fly the longest and roll the most, without having roll-downs (there can be a very fine line between a good deep roller and a suicidal roller).

·
Registered
671 Posts
As rollers how many times does they roll (should they roll) and how many hours should they fly and the height at which they fly, and any standards or rules for rollers?

thanks

Diwa
As far as all of that you looking for in the bird. Its a big process.
Try to google "Minn Pigeon Forum" there big into rollers. You should get alot of info on that site.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Like to know more about (there can be a very fine line between a good deep roller and a suicidal roller)'
By suicidal, I can assume that the bird might crash down. whats a good deep roller and what is roll downs?

I have seen this pair's mother flying, it rolled around 10 times almost in the same place and I was able to hear sound like clapping, its the wings clapping... It is considered as too much rolling, by my friend who gave this pair.

Will check the other mentioned websites, thanks

Diwa

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Biringham Rollers

Hi,

Got a new pair. Hope its a Roller,

And your comments.

Thanks,
Diwa
Looks like you have some nice looking Biringham Rollers .Realy a neat bird I am not a roller man but if I were it would be Biringham rollers. Good luck with your birds and keep them ROLLING.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Male / Female

Hi,

I thought this to be a male & female,
But behaves different, the one which I thought to be a female always does the sounds like a male, but looks like a female to me.
The one I thought to be a female always fought with the male and it went to a different place.
and the male paired with another bird(not a roller).
And now whenever the male see the the female(which I thought to be) both are fighting.

How does it look for you a true pair or both males.

What color or these birds, is it "Red-Ash"

Thanks
Diwa

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Its pretty difficult to tell from the picture, try introducing a confirmed hen to this "thought to be hen", you might get a clue from that. Color and pattern I think its red bar but that tail seems to be plain :confused:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Tipplers.
Tipplers have White Eyes. and they fly for along time.
I hear that they come from Canada, or jolly old England :cool:
If I'm mistaken, count the wing feathers (Tipplers.com).
Did I Win the $64.00 question?
If I did, donate the Cash to this website: Pigeon Talk :):):)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Male / Female

Sreesh,

I introduced a female, I kept in a cage for 3 days, and no reaction from the female(thought to be) and so I let it out and the male took the new female as mate...

ND Cooper, Hope your replying to the other post.

Diwa

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Sreesh,

I introduced a female, I kept in a cage for 3 days, and no reaction from the female(thought to be) and so I let it out and the male took the new female as mate...

ND Cooper, Hope your replying to the other post.

Diwa
Either the original pair are not interested in each other or the "thght to be hen" is too young for a sex determination

1 - 16 of 16 Posts