Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bird flew into my coop with the rest of my birds when it started getting dark and my birds where coming in. It is a very beautiful bird. It does not have a band, and it does not look like a feral to me. It is very light and very long wings. It looks like some kind of highflyer but i have never seen one of them before so i am not sure. My dad said it looks to be less than a year old. Maybe it got lost from someone near by me. I cliped its wings because i really want to keep it as it is a very beautiful bird. Here are a couple of pictures.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Could possibly be some kind of highflier, although I don't know which. It's a strange looking bird, but pretty! You know, you don't have to clip their wings to resettle them to your loft. All you have to do is keep them inside for a few weeks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could possibly be some kind of highflier, although I don't know which. It's a strange looking bird, but pretty! You know, you don't have to clip their wings to resettle them to your loft. All you have to do is keep them inside for a few weeks.
true, but im keeping him inside my house for a week or so and then puting him in the with the rest of my birds. i clipped his wings because i dont want him to fly all over my attic trying to escape.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lucky Day!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
clipped his wings:eek: oh well too late now, you won't beable to let this one out for a loooong time or it will be hawk food with clipped wings. he is cool looking.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad was a little upset also that i did that but oh well. I just want to get an idea of what breed it is so i can breed him.

·
Registered
875 Posts
he looks like a visitor i had to my flock yesteday(lost racer)i called it a saddlebar,he is very pretty,is he banded?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I really doubt it is a homer. And I see no band.

Still looks like a highflier to me. Has that long beak, white eyes, and long slender body.

How short did you cut the flights? In two weeks, if they haven't fallen out already, pull the feathers. They should be dead by then, and will hardly bother the bird. That'll allow new ones to immediately start growing in their place, so that he'll be good as new in a couple months.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Half way. No he does not have a band. he has a long necks slender body, long wings, long tail. When i picked him up it was as if he was the lightest pigeon i have ever picked up. His feathers are really soft too.

·
Registered
875 Posts
could he possibly be a pet?a few folks dont band pets(i personally think one should,even with coil/telephone number bands)he is really sleek,not sure what breed but the coloring i would say is saddlebar or pied of some type

1 - 12 of 12 Posts