Pigeon-Talk banner

((( What breed )))

Tags
what breed
4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  MaryOfExeter 
#1 ·
I just bought 2 pairs of pigeon thet were imported from Hungary. any one can tell me what breed are they?

1st pair

2nd pair

See less See more
#5 ·
Not all imported birds are always 'standard'. I would say both these pairs could be polish high fliers, but obviously either (and maybe even both) pairs are not what the standard would require.

I would be especially worried about bull eyed white (recessive white) and pearl eyed white. These two variants VERY seldom occur in the same standard (if ever - I couldn't find any reference where both are permitted by the standard).

#8 ·
The breeder who imported them forgot the name of breed...

Becky you are right the second pair is Galician Highfliers. The first pair I just found it on the net it is (somborski high flyer- Serbian High flyer) . Check this Video >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCl6QEe-q_A

#7 · (Edited)
Maybe breed questions could be better answered in the show pigeon threads? Some of us who are crazed with genetics couldn't care less about breeds ;-)

What I would venture is that the first pair is a recessive white (bull eyed bird) and either a very good example of a pearl eyed ash-red homozygous grizzle, or a very selected form of pearl eyed pied (which would allow the eyes to stay light).

The second pair I would guess are dirty magpie marked blue, and maybe ice too.

#13 ·
That magpied bird is called a Bacska Tumbler but also called Sombor Highflier in Romania. It's found on page 634 in the Encyclopedia of breeds. They do come in white so that might be what your new birds are. They are supposed to have pearl eyes unless they are white, in which they'd have bull eyes. Some magpies have bull eyes too. Apparently some whites can have pearl eyes as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.