Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The father looks dun to me, so I'm sticking with my answer. The mom could be carrying anything as she is RR.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will post more pics in a couple of days when they feather out more, anyone else have a color opinion?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
:confused: Odd color, but I can see the DC in it. So it's a t-pattern...but...Hmmm...Could this be a silver with something else effecting it too? (silver as in dilute blue, not ash-red). Smokey or sooty maybe?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You would have to wait until it molts into adult feathers. I have had silver youngs turn into solid blacks before!!

Anyways it looks like a normal dun check to me.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Very nice looking bird whatever the color is!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Might not be a pattern bird

The color looks dun and it does show somewhat of a pattern. See if it shows a tail bar as the tail grows out. With a tail bar, it is not spread, without a tail bar, it is either spread or ash but sure doesn't look ash to me.

Dun is dilute spread blue. I see people mention dun check but really there is no such thing as dun check as it's pattern should be masked by spread. However, some spreads, especially if only het will show the pattern that is underneath, as all pigeons have a pattern, t check, check, bar or barless. Normally spread masks this but not always completely.

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts