Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
where is Becky when you need her lol looks almond to me but like I said earlier Im no genetics or color person lol :D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I'd say it's an almond :) Looks like it's on just typical blue, but maybe with some darkening genes to make the tail look so dark. I don't remember if almond lightens the color of the skin or not. If not, then it probably has smokey and maybe dirty too.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Dilute wouldn't make the bronze turn so yellow though, would it? The flights don't look diluted to me either.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dilute wouldn't make the bronze turn so yellow though, would it? The flights don't look diluted to me either.
The intensity of the "yellow" would depend on the intensity of the bronze. To me the flights look diluted - typical dilute tort:)
Wolverine was the baby short-downed when it hatched?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
We should have a thread for pattern questions, one in which patterns can be discussed and members can post pictures for patterns.

What do say wolverine about hijacking this thread of yours :D ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Indigobob,
I was given this bird so I do not know if the down was short. Can tort come from almonds?

The grizzle gene has been inherited from the "stork-marked" Budapest hen who is homozygous/pure for the grizzle gene. She is probably bar pattern, so the chequer will have been inherited from the almond Portuguese. Unless the Budapest is a stork-marked dilute, the dilute gene will have come from the Portuguese father, so the dilute tort will be a hen.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
We should have a thread for pattern questions, one in which patterns can be discussed and members can post pictures for patterns.

What do say wolverine about hijacking this thread of yours :D ?
Hi SREESHS, No one is hi-jacking this thread they are answering the question asked.The question is genetic and needs to be explained as to why its a Dilute Tort and not an ALMOND. I think that they have done a very good job of explaining this.If this bird was entered in a show as an Alomnd it would be disqualified,on the other hand if entered as a DILUTE TROT it would have a good chance of winning in that class. GEORGE;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts