Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me identify (classify) the colors of these birds? The first picture is of my hen and I think she is considered a brown bar. The second picture is of the cock and i'm thinking that he is considered an ash-red bar (dilute maybe?) This is only my guess but i'm pretty new to the whole color classifying thing? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what colors would the babies be? I'm planning on breeding them.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got them a few weeks ago. When I bought them I was told that they were rollers. But the lady I bought them from did not specify what kind of roller. The hen is quite small in the hand compared to the cock. I'm thinking she might be an american roller and the cock might be a birm. roller. Thanks for the imput ya'll :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I kind of thought that she was a figuita at first too but she doesn't seem to show the little puffy/curly feathers on her chest. I suppose those could come in later. or she might just have some figuita blood in her.

Anywho, I'll try to post some more pictures of my birds latter. Thanks guys :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.