Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have just paired up three pairs of capuchines.
A yellow hen with a red cock, a black hen with a red cock, and a red hen with a black cock. I had to pair them up this way. I have the following: four blacks, of which all are related, a red hen , a yellow hen and a red cockbird. I had the yellow hen with the red cockbird (that is how I bought them) but keep getting infertile eggs. So I re-paired everyone.

Please- let me know what the color possibliities are? I am not worried as much for color as I am quality that I might get. Would like to start showing capuchines this fall or next spring! I need baby birds first!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You should start learning about pigeon genetics. There a few websites out there that will teach you. If your looking for quality in your colors it goes far beyond just breeding a black to a yelllow. You should also be considering the form of the bird since they look at that too and having the proper markings also. Ideally you should be focusing on a single color as to work multiply colors in a small stock will not be as furthering as working towards one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts