Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I few months ago I have found a pigeon with PMV and became a part of the family. Pmv was cured but 2 days ago I spotted following symptoms:
- his poops are waterly (were very solid) and I didn't change his food;
- his voice gets lower.
Please help. What should I do. There is no vet aroud with bird specialization.
thanks for every hint.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
These are a PMV symptoms. Actually they stay for life, sometimes do not show, but in time of stress, moult, breeding, attack etc. they reappear.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Hi,
With ParaStop by Pharma Belgica de Weerd.
angua

I am not familiar with those. But PMV birds can have relapses and the virus can affect their kidneys.
Make sure he is eating and drinking enough, avoid any stress. If he eats and drinks he will recover. Now, if you see he that he is getting worse that could be possibly due to an additional infection as PMV birds tend to get sick easily due to their compromised immune system. Fungal infections are quite common in PMV birds.

Reti

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not familiar with those. But PMV birds can have relapses and the virus can affect their kidneys.
Make sure he is eating and drinking enough, avoid any stress. If he eats and drinks he will recover. Now, if you see he that he is getting worse that could be possibly due to an additional infection as PMV birds tend to get sick easily due to their compromised immune system. Fungal infections are quite common in PMV birds.

Reti
thank you for reply. Yesterday I gave him parastop. The poops are ok but not the voice. The voice is getting lower. Just like people's sore throat. And he eats less. I'm thinking of trichomonadosis.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for reply. Yesterday I gave him parastop. The poops are ok but not the voice. The voice is getting lower. Just like people's sore throat. And he eats less. I'm thinking of trichomonadosis.
sorry, poops are not ok, specially in the morning.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Can you treat him for canker?

Reti

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now, yes. if the canker is trichomonadosis:). He got his first tablet, he is not happy with it, but maybe he will be healthy.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Parastop is for salmonalla not PMV. Vitamins and probiotics are useful in this case. Post picture of poop if you can just to check what it looks like.
I would treat for canker (Trichomonas), Coccidiosis and worms, just to be on the safe side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts