Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i've always wondered about this because it happened to a pigeon i had a while ago.
He one day got sick and his head was fully bent back, i dont remember if he could eat or not, sometimes his head would be abit normal and after it would be bent back again. i THINK he shook his head at times. What is this? Because it killed him :( and whats the cheapest/easiest/DIY thing that would help the pigeon recover?
Thank you, Daniel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats a mild paralysis to neck of pigeon it is incurable it is caused due to lack of sunlight exposure or mal nutrition mainly due to sepreation or death of most beloved hen.happened to mine too due to his love loss

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Pretty hard to say from that.

A bird may stretch its head back and shake it if it has something blocking the throat, which could be as simple as a piece of corn, or an illness such as Canker.

It could also be a sign of a B vitamin deficiency.

Could be a respiratory problem.

Could be PMV.

Depends exactly what the symptoms were - a sick bird will usually show other signs of illness, such as in its poops and its general behavior.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I agree w/ John. I would not say it was definitively what Muhammad suggested (although it could have been).

You say 'one day he got sick'. This implies it was an acute illness which came upon him very suddenly and he died very quickly.

Is this the case ? Was there really no other symptoms or earlier signs of him/her acting unusual ?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Often times when you notice a pigeon is sick, it didn't just come on him. He was probably sick for a while and just didn't show it, as they try to hide illness. By the time you notice he is sick, he just cannot hide it anymore. Seldom are they healthy, then suddenly die. They just appeared to be healthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts