Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I receive lots of questions about pigeons (how to care for them, who can help, where to find them, etc. etc.) and I am always referring folks here to the AMAZING, WONDERFUL Pigeon Talk because every question can be answered and always is.

When a visitor comes to PT, can they see the forums, search/browse for how to help a baby pij info, etc. etc? I seem to remember I had a bit of trouble getting my membership (probably error on my part) and want to make sure that the folks that I'm referring can get immediate access to the info they need or should I be copying and sending it to them (if they have to become members first)?

Thanks in advance-

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
Hi Elizabeth

A guest can view posts and can use the search facility. If they use search, there is a verification code to enter - one of those random letter and number sets at odd angles in varied colors. Have to admit that I had problems reading some of the letters, but my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I signed up, I had to do the letter code verification 2 or 3 times :), but otherwise signing up was quick and easy. The people here are very helpful and welcoming. It's also nice that people here seem open to all pigeons.

I went to another pigeon forum that was for pigeon fanciers of their state, trying to find some more local info regarding pigeons. One thread there was made by someone looking for info regarding raising feral pigeons and many people posted back saying that "scrubs" are dumb and aren't worth the feed they eat, that they'd kill any feral pigeon that came home with theirs and kill any babies born that were part 'scrub'. One poster even said that he likes to sit out back and try to shoot them for fun. This coming from people on a pigeon board that raise pigeons.

So I can't even begin to tell you how happy that I was to find this forum and how grateful I am of the support and instruction that I've recieved here regarding my young feral pigeon Indy. It's really an awesome forum. :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's terrible. I think that on a site where compassion and acceptance are practiced, like PT, there is more wisdom. I've found more knowledge here than most fanciers ever had, because it isn't easy helping ferals. The things they come down with, and get into! I'd say any fancier that hasn't had positive dealings with ferals is missing out on the biggest educational tool they could have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts