Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What med should I have on hand and the best place to order them. We are 30 day away from having birds and I have to order supplies now so help me out with what we should we keep on hand. And anything you think we would need for the first 6 months.

·
Registered
691 Posts
What i use mostly is dewormer and i have some tetracycline as an antibiotic other than that i use vitamins and not all the time have fresh water and good feed. tetracycline you can find it at any pet shop or pharmacy

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
If the birds will not have been vaccinated, you should get vaccines against PMV and Pigeon Pox.

May be as well to get an anti-Canker med such as Spartrix.

Any antibiotics really needed only if birds get sick, and which type would depend on what the problem is.

Get anti-mite powder (or Sevin dust) or spray, too.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
canker and cocci meds are good to have on hand....dewormers buy as needed to keep fresh, calcium syrup is a good thing to have too, for hens that may get in trouble with egg problems, as sometimes that is needed right away

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
What do you think when the birds arive should we deworm them as a mater of course.
ask the preowner if the birds were dewormed and see what he says and go from there... I personally wait if they have not been dewormed for a few weeks as a new place can be stressful to pigeons...wait till they settle in then deworm them..that is if they have not been dewormed by the seller..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts