Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone does at their clubs in the form of pooling weekly. We at our club do a pickbird but it gets boring after awhile. I was looking for an alternative to it with something a little more exotic such as 1st person to get a first thru 10th place but not necessarily in a single race. It could be 1st and 3rd one week and a 7th and 10th another week, etc.
Anyone have a fun thing you do that you want to share?
Ken

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
We just do pools every week. 05, .10, .25, .50, 1., 5. you can pool anyway you want and whatever bird you want. These pools are for points, whoever gets the most wins. If your bird wins and you have it pooled in every pool you get it all. We do 20. pools sometimes if people want to. Then we have 3 point races.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Last Place

Well a few years back we had the golden brick award we painted a brick with gold paint which was given out to the person that had the last bird clocked. He/She got to keep the brick for one week:eek:, and was to present the brick to the owner of the last bird of the next race. We had a lot of fun and laughs.When we had our club pot luck we would award a permanent brick to the person:p that had the most last place birds for that series of races.I must say we were a small club with 8 to 10 members and no sore losers.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
On shipping night, Drink some brew's, bbq, Pool $20. Thats pretty fun aint it.:) We have some new members added this year, seems to be growing everyyear and there ages are between 18-30 so we have a lot of fun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
$5 pick bird;
$5 Loft pool; (50-30-20)
$5 white/grizzle pick bird;
$20 pick bird;
$2 pick - Bird must win the race (among the entrants) to win, if not,
then the money rolls over to the next week.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
3 for $5 pick entry....Red Pick For $1....There is a VooDoo stone statue,about 4 inches high,that we give to the winner,so that he can`t repeat the next week...I said "Bull Crap" to the guys about that silly statue...I made fun of the VooDoo statue,and I haven`t won a race since...I even lost a 500 mile race by 46 seconds,thanks to the VooDoo statue....So now,I beleive in "VOODOO"..hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Alamo

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Just wondering what everyone does at their clubs in the form of pooling weekly. We at our club do a pickbird but it gets boring after awhile. I was looking for an alternative to it with something a little more exotic such as 1st person to get a first thru 10th place but not necessarily in a single race. It could be 1st and 3rd one week and a 7th and 10th another week, etc.
Anyone have a fun thing you do that you want to share?
Ken

:eek:

You mean you GAMBLE !!! Is that legal in your state and county ? Does your Combine send out what is it a 1099 ? In fact, in which state in the USA is it legal to bet on pigeon racing !? I am just so taken aback....

In my state of Pa., such pooling is illegal. We would never gamble or pool. We play for pieces of paper we call Diplomas. No pictures of dead Presidents are permitted.

If people actually gamble at clubs and such, I wonder how wise it would be for them to publish the fact that they engage in such activity on the World wide web ?

Not even sure we should entertain such discussion on this site.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
On shipping night, Drink some brew's, bbq, Pool $20. Thats pretty fun aint it.:) We have some new members added this year, seems to be growing everyyear and there ages are between 18-30 so we have a lot of fun.
OMG !!

Not only high stakes gambling, but you also furnish adult beverages to minors !!! :eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek:

You mean you GAMBLE !!! Is that legal in your state and county ? Does your Combine send out what is it a 1099 ? In fact, in which state in the USA is it legal to bet on pigeon racing !? I am just so taken aback....

In my state of Pa., such pooling is illegal. We would never gamble or pool. We play for pieces of paper we call Diplomas. No pictures of dead Presidents are permitted.

If people actually gamble at clubs and such, I wonder how wise it would be for them to publish the fact that they engage in such activity on the World wide web ?

Not even sure we should entertain such discussion on this site.
Not sure I mentioned dead presidents changing hands. I was requesting other ways individuals have fun at their club. We actually have "alcoholic drinks" supplied by the winner of each race too!! I really enjoyed the "gold brick" suggestion and have brought that up as a thing to do at our club. I am not familiar with the various states rules or what other combines send out but I would imagine if someone won a big race that had gambling that was legal they would be required to supply 1099's. I am sure no one from PT would participate in this type of race though as we are all just "little guys and gals"

G

·
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

oh those Lyrics should apply to everything fun including racing pigeons and making wages on returns lol :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts