Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe white pigeon showed up today and I noticed his first poop was very watery and a milky green color. He didnt want any water which was strange but ate from his seed dish when it was offered.. I have noticed color changes in the past of his poop but m,ostly they are black or very dark green with a white centre?
Is it anything to worry about

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
with all the things they can eat outdoors the poops will be less consistant, sometimes if they drink alot of water at one time they will have water poops. not sure if there was something wrong how you would medicated without catching the pigeon and treating him in a controlled setting, after finding out what could be wrong with a fecal test.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Just keep an eye on him/her. If he seems fluffed up, eyes closing a lot, lethargic, other birds picking on him, etc. he may have something. Otherwise, yes, poops vary depending on what she might have eaten and such....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He(i think it is a he) always sits on our west facing windowsill all day and eats and drinks and fluffs up and takes mini sleeps but once late afternoon suppertime arrives, he flies onto next doors roof before flying away....

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Post a pic of him when he is resting on the sill, we may be able to tell if he looks ill.....

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Looks like he has a band on!
Sure does.
peter...The poops you were describing in your first post probably were from lack of food.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Maybe if you open the window and place the food inside, he will come inside.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I agree with Charis, his poops was waterry because of starvation. Please lure him in and give him shelter. This is domestic bird unable to survive outside.
Once you have him, check the band numbers maybe his owner is looking for him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I foundd out the band was put on by pigeon fanciers in ontario Canada calls to them go unanswered and no I can't bring him inside I will get shot!! He doesnty stay overnight, watches the sky then around late afternoon supper time flies off and we don't see him again until the morning.

In case you havent read through it here is my initial post when he first showed up.
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f20/snow-white-pigeon-found-38887.html

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
THe white pigeon showed up today and I noticed his first poop was very watery and a milky green color. He didnt want any water which was strange but ate from his seed dish when it was offered.. I have noticed color changes in the past of his poop but m,ostly they are black or very dark green with a white centre?
Is it anything to worry about
Hi Peter, Did this bird just return fro a race,or along loft fly 2or more hours, or was this bird lost for a few days ? GEORGE;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello Peter. I read your other link. I'm sorry you can't bring him in. Try a PM to Pigeonlower. In the previous thread, they mentioned being able to rehome him for you. Just a thought. :) Anyway how is he doing now? Is he poops looking better? If he is not caught, will you be able to provide food and water for him all winter?He sure is a beautiful bird! Seems to like having his picture taken too!:D:D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
George's question is a good one!
Depending on if the bird was racing or had to fly for a couple of hours could be why the poop looks as it does.
a 24 hour course of probiotics should have the poop return back to normal.
If it doesnt then I would look into other things.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
This is a feral pigeon he is talking about. not his race bird, could be a race bird but now he is a feral untill he gets home where he belongs.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I foundd out the band was put on by pigeon fanciers in ontario Canada calls to them go unanswered and no I can't bring him inside I will get shot!! He doesnty stay overnight, watches the sky then around late afternoon supper time flies off and we don't see him again until the morning.

In case you havent read through it here is my initial post when he first showed up.
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f20/snow-white-pigeon-found-38887.html
I remember now. After reading the other thread again I wonder if when he is absent for some time if he returns to his former home.
Maybe his former owners have moved and the loft gone.

Just to clarify...I believe the poops are fine now and we don't need to worry. I wanted Peter to know why they may have looked the way they did several days ago.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts