Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you read my previous thread you would understand my problem. i just want an inexpensive fence that will keep out tresspassers with two legs. i also want to post no tresspassing signs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I put the pressure treated fence. 6 feet tall by 8ft wide. Homedepot or Lowes. Keeps all the noisy people out. Some privacy. So it helps the birds plus you.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I would get a fence like Journey said and I would put up big signs "Rattlesnake Breeding Grounds" and "Vicious guard dogs" that should do something and get you very well knowned...and that mossberg 500 would be too bad either....c.hert

·
Registered
499 Posts
deterents

:confused:
I would get a fence like Journey said and I would put up big signs "Rattlesnake Breeding Grounds" and "Vicious guard dogs" that should do something and get you very well knowned...and that mossberg 500 would be too bad either....c.hert
howabout quick sand/sign or land mines..james waller:eek:

·
Registered
795 Posts
There is No such thing as a cheap fence.
You are just going to have to spring for a good one, I did.
6' high is the maxium allowed, in most cities.
When I put up a wood fence, I had to get a permit from the city, drive 80mi, search through a stack of fence panels, (to get the good ones) drive 80mi back home, with a very heavy loaded trailer (twice), spend more then a few days digging post holes, and cementing them in, waiting for the cement to dry, hoping like ____ that I got the posts straight, setting the fence panels 4" up off of the ground (future rot) and, the fence almost came out straight!
Oh, I forgot, I had to hand paint the sealer on the posts, And fence panels, Before I even started construction of the fence. That's because it would have voided the warranty of the sealer if I had used a wag___ power sprayer.
Only to have my neighbor, and his buddies around town, complain to the Mayor, many times, that it ruined his View of the Neighborhood from his back porch!
Again, There Is No Such Thing as a Cheap Fence!
I have a very nice fence surrounding my back yard now, for the last 3 years, and it is Great!
Would I do it again?
YES!, Definately!
Use the legal channels, that way it is approved by the city/county. That means the majority of your neighbors, for the good of the Community!
Be Wise, My Friends, Not everyone can keep Pigeons any way they choose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts