Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bran, I will have to move her to the breeding section this winter for a proper nest box..and not the floor..

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can tell your birds are molting lol, my loft looks the same way
yes they are, but those where from outside, my birds loft fly everyday, so there are alot of feathers out in the yard, and they pick them up and carry them in...right after I get done cleaning the feathers out they are bringing in more! I let them keep those for the nest, since they worked so hard at it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
SpiritWings,
wonderful birds. I have a similar pair. Recently I was putting straw out for them, and watching them build a nest. They did the same thing as yours with the feathers haha. Thanks for posting the pic. Peace :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
nest

I could'nt call them my birds but your picture reminds me so much of the nests the feral pigeons would build in the air units on the roof of a plant I worked at in the city. They would gather every little twig they could and tuck them neatly in the corner. They did not mind me opening the door to look once in a while and I enjoyed watching them grow. Thanks for bringing those memories back. Of course they where not shinney white homers either ;)
twigs-o-plenty..... spotties first eggs, her mate is camera shy.....:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts