Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued my pigeon 6 months ago, he was stock in the net of my window and has a scar on his head.
He is very active.
I was wondering why is his beak partly pink unlike other pigeons.
My english is not very good and i'm sorry for that, i'm from the middle east and i would love to help my pigeon.
His diet:
  • parrot small seed mix
  • oatmeal mix with other seeds
  • lettuce and apples

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Is he eating well? Droppings fine? Is there a change in his general behaviour? If not, then he is probably fine. Are you giving regular vitamins, esp calcium with added Vit D3? What about grit? It contains minerals that their bodies need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
He just has a pinkish beak. As long as his droppings look normal and hes eating/drinking he should be fine. Looks like a healthy bird in the pics :D Bright feet, eyes, and feathers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is he eating well? Droppings fine? Is there a change in his general behaviour? If not, then he is probably fine. Are you giving regular vitamins, esp calcium with added Vit D3? What about grit? It contains minerals that their bodies need.
Thank you very much, i
he is fine in all regards, I was just worried that his pinkish beak may mean that I don't provide him with the best diet.
I guess I was too worried
thank you, I will make sure to add alcium with added Vit D3 to his diet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He just has a pinkish beak. As long as his droppings look normal and hes eating/drinking he should be fine. Looks like a healthy bird in the pics :D Bright feet, eyes, and feathers
thank you very much, I was compelled him to other pigeons I saw and thought maybe he is different.
i'm very glad to hear that his beak just pinkish:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
thank you very much, I was compelled him to other pigeons I saw and thought maybe he is different.
i'm very glad to hear that his beak just pinkish:)
His beak may be pinkish because he carries the pigeon gene for "smoky" coloration. This makes the beaks more pink on pigeons with "self" (colored) feathers and no white feathers around the neck and head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts