Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm wondering what meds i should have on hand, i have a few bucks i've been saving up and want to buy some meds to have around so next time i find a hurt feral everyone's not scrambling to send me meds!
also, do people ever "pitch in" together for meds, considering i dont need and cant afford a ton of meds? anyone interested in doing that with me? or just outright selling some you have?
i'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about this, buying a ton of meds will go to waste, and i cant be the ONLY one here on a budget that still wants to have some meds around!

thanks everyone!:D

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Hi x,

Oye...well, a good all-round handy 'Kit' would be -

A nice electric Heating Pad...with say three settings

A Bundle of clean small to medium sized White Towells

Some soft 'Tee-Shirt' Cotton material or old Cotton Tee-Shirts

Fine longish pointed Tweezers

Fine pointed long-narrow-end type Cuticle Scissors

Some Cages and or cardboard boxes

Low, small, wide bottom Bowls for Seeds and Water

Braggs, raw Apple Cider Vinegar ( a quart say )

A safe, quiet, calm indoor location for convelesent Birds to be in, which is at least elbow high

Berimax ( if you can find it)

Metronidazole

Antibiotic Eye Ointment ( and sterile Q-Tips )

Baytril or Cipro

Clavamox

Neopsorin

'Wormout' or other Wormer which does various kinds of Worms

Soft sections of Silicone Catheters or other safe feeding 'tube' kinds, and some Syringes, and various ingredients and dedications for making 'formula' for those who may need it put into their Crops.

Micropore Tape, say, the 1/2 inch wide kind

Gaining familiarity with how to feed Babys, and their needs generally.

And the various approximate understandings as for when and how to use these items for various occasions.

Thats a lot of stuff..!

Lol...

Phil
Las Vegas

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hi Moxie,

That is a good idea. A few years ago we tried to set up a central point for meds so that they could be sent out instantly to people that needed them but that proved to be cumbersome and in the end we settled for individual members sending out "care packages" of whatever they had to spare.

If you are building up your provisions then I think that the antibiotics should be the first supplies you gather because they can make the difference between life and death. You could posta little shopping list with prices and invite others to buy a proportion.

Cynthia

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, maybe a better question, does anyone have meds they want to sell?seems to make more sense to do it that way if someone has some extra on hand than try to get people to pitch in on an un-bought product.

·
Registered
692 Posts
you already have a bunch, don't you? i gave you augmentin (same as clavamox), spartrix, appertex, metronidazole, and cephalexin....right? so the only thing you're missing really is something for worms, yeast...and baytril, if you're out of that.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, i didnt know what else i needed though. i'm out o some stuff, i need to figure that out. i set up something with someone here to share some meds, so thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts