Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A week ago I was smoking and having my morning coffee in my balcony (which is on the 6th, last floor of a building), so the building roof goes down to my balcony, when suddenly a white, very nice pigeon started to walk down the attic right in the direction of some loafs of bread somehow left there.
Unlike other pigeons it acted strange because it could clearly see me but it didn't get scared, so I went in and brought some peeled sunflower seeds which the pigeon started eating immediately. Then it jumped down on the floor and started sipping water from in between the flooring tiles, so I put some fresh water in a small plate and when I put it on the floor, it immediately switched to drinking water from the plate instead of doing it from the floor, so I guessed that it is a 'homegrown' pigeon, then it came in. It was certain that the pigeon was cold because it used to sit near lamps all the evening.

It went out the next day, to the balcony, and it's already 7-8 days now that it doesn't leave, so I put food and water for it everyday. But when I get too close it gets nevous and tries to move away, though it doesn't fly away.

It rarely leaves the balcony territory and has a spot for the night.

p.s. I am going to move to another flat in 2 weeks which is a second floor flat and not situated underneath an attic and I doubt if anyone will be living here and giving the bird supplies, and yes the biggest movement I've observed it jumping/flying for 3-4 meters to here and there.

My questions are:
based on the story and the photos, what do you guys think about the pigeon?
Is it lost or sick or homeless?
What breed is it?
Why it acts so?
What should I do if I like it and would like to keep it? Should I?
If kept, should I build a wooden house for it and place it in my next balcony and take the pigeon there?
What y'all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Probably an escaped pet and associate humans with food. Any rings on the legs? If he is eating well, then not sick but just starving. Please catch him and take him with you. You can always close up your balcony and turn it into an aviary, if you are allowed to.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi narek, that pigeon is called a tipplet the other colors look like bronze so he would be a bronze mottle tipplet it looks like a hen

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pigeon is a tumbler variety, probably roller, possibly tippler. If you can trap it, you can take it with you. If she's accessible, a net at night would do nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts