Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you wonderful pigeon lovers! :) My roadside rescued racing homer (I don't know what type) is doing very well. She is so sweet and loves to sit on my shoulder. She will always be blind in one eye and can not fly (although she loves to flap).

I want to buy her a lg indoor cage (I have 3 cats:eek:).

A double wide flight cage has been recommended. Generally these are 31" wide x 18" deep x 32" for each cage with an overall height 56", 1/2" bar spacing.

Her total wing span (from tip to tip) is at least 20"

Please let me know what you recommend. An outdoor cage is not an option at this time.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Freda, one of our members uses rabbit cages, and they work really well. If your bird only has sight in one eye, and cannot fly, then she doesn't need a high cage. Wider than high would be better. And keep it up on something like a table as they don't feel safe on the floor. They safe more safe and secure up higher. And you would need to keep her where the cats cannot go.
A rabbit cage something like this. You can get them in different sizes. Bigger is always better. So get as large as you can afford and can fit into your space.

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/millermanufacturingpopuprabbitcages.cfm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts