please give me some web site. thanks!
sorry
I have on zone to upload the photo.

this's link of the photo "http://spud1.50megs.com/images/MVC-623F.JPG"

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Here it is:

I've seen those birds before but I can't remember what they were called :confused:
And I can't find my breed book :eek:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
It is a schmalkender moorhead, moorehead meaning black head, they do have other color heads and tails, blue, and red and yellow, so I guess those would just be called schmalkenders. not sure of any websites, you will just have to use a search engine. I have seen a few on eggbid as well as classifieds on the purebred pigeon site. I was trying to get some before I came across some jacobins local here. they are real beautiful birds IMO.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
That's what I was trying to think of. At first I thought of the Old German Mooreheads, but those don't have the mane. Same coloring though.
These are also called Mane Pigeons. They look like a mix between OG Mooreheads and Jacobins.
The only colors these used to come in were black. I didn't know they introduced other colors :confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
That's what I was trying to think of. At first I thought of the Old German Mooreheads, but those don't have the mane. Same coloring though.
These are also called Mane Pigeons. They look like a mix between OG Mooreheads and Jacobins.
The only colors these used to come in were black. I didn't know they introduced other colors :confused:
yes they have bred the other colors now, the name "mane pigeon" I was told was introduced but voted down, so the big breeders don't like that name anymore...:p they refer to them as their "schmalks":)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts