Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only 'Banner Ads' as top headers, but, when looking at a Post now, the Ads on top are fully one third of the page, and, in addition to this, a whole line up of ads on the right hand side...and, even more absurd and ugly yet, ads made to appear IN the bottom of every post?????

Good God, how can anyone stand this?

What has happened to our Site?

What price for so horrid a sell out?

Sad...

Phil
Lv

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't mind the ads. From what I understand, businesses pay a fee in order to be able to advertise on sites. So PT must be getting some kind of compensation whether large or small to help out with the matenience on this site. I'm okay with it.

However, if our mouse just so happens to rest on an add and it pops out and music starts playing or takes me directly to another website.......thats where I'll have to draw the line.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Since I've installed Adbloick IE & replaced the Hosts file I havent had a single ad show, also just noticed today that the page is back to full width, no spare column on the right :)

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
Ahh .. Jonah did say that the ads down the side weren't intended to show for members, so maybe he fixed that bit.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I only see two ads. But my screen is bigger than a lot of laptops, and I use windows explorer. There's one rectangle between the tool bar and the thread, and one at the bottom. Both only about an inch wide. I don't blame you for being upset - If I had to put up with as many ads as you're seeing, I'd freak out!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Yep, it is not as annoying....and this is such a wonderful reputable informational sight, I have grown to appreciate it,... compared to some sights, where the nasty language and insulting comments can overwhelm the positive info.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep, it is not as annoying....and this is such a wonderful reputable informational sight, I have grown to appreciate it,... compared to some sights, where the nasty language and insulting comments can overwhelm the positive info.
That is why I love this site! If they could get rid of the inappropriate adds, I would be much less annoyed !

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
That is why I love this site! If they could get rid of the inappropriate adds, I would be much less annoyed !
The adds are being and have been corrected. If it wasn't for the adds, this sight might not be available anymore, as the adds are offsetting costs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts