Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well I have a few months old pigeon , I feed him sesame and wheat seeds and sometimes I feed him bread and some small bites of fruits and he like them , I am worried that he is not having much nutrients even if he is doing well, I tried buying them but the pet stores do not sell them here so I am looking for replacements that I can use to help my little pidge ;)

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Can't you get a wild bird seed mixture from the petshop? As well as vitamins to either add to the drinking water or food? Surely if they don't have in stock, then they can order. Pigeons also like hemp seeds, safflower and sorghum seed.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi, you could also add dried legumes (the ones for humans that you can find at supermarket) like mung beans, small lentils and split peas.

Here you can find birds products (pigeon/dove mixtures, vitamins, etc) even in places like agricultural supply stores, garden centers and do-it-yourself stores (of course, the ones which sell also products for animals). Even some supermarkets sell them. Try to give a look in all those places.

Remember to leave always available (in a separate bowl from food) a source of calcium and to regularly give a complete vitamin supplement.
Don't forget to give ACV water twice a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts