Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got some roller pigeon and not sure to feed them, when they are breeding and not breeding, season changes? They just feed small crack corn and I think turkey feed (some sort of pellet)...

Was hoping there was something different?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
You can buy Pigeon feed at most farm stores...minimum of 14% protein. Pigeons breed all year long.
Cracked corn tends to scratch their throat and turkey feed was created for turkeys.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I believe you mentioned you are in Fresno? Here are some feed stores I found, you can check all of them and see who has the best mix. I had to try several before I found one that they liked ALL the seeds in, with quite a mix. It's for racing pigeons but it's clearly their favorite. . .maybe why mine are so plump. :rolleyes: (They're not racers!) It runs around $16-$25 for 50 lbs, which you can keep in an airtight/watertight container to store. You'll also want to get some red grit for them, which is about $8 for $50 lbs and lasts quite awhile.

KY Feed Store
(559) 255-9120
4654 E Olive Ave, Fresno, CA

Roberts Feed and Pet Supplies
(559) 454-1859
4571 E Belmont Ave, Fresno, CA

Ostergaard Feeds
(559) 233-4963
4054 W Whitesbridge Ave, Fresno, CA

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I've heard some people feed their pigeons with turkey pellets and they do well because they are usually high in protein. For variety you can use pigeon mix and add some of those turkey pellets. For cheapness you can even use wild bird seed mix with that turkey pellets.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I've heard some people feed their pigeons with turkey pellets and they do well because they are usually high in protein. For variety you can use pigeon mix and add some of those turkey pellets. For cheapness you can even use wild bird seed mix with that turkey pellets.
also gamebird crumbs or pellets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts