Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some men from New Jersey drove here to pick up some homers. They gave me 8 pigeons that look like this:

What are they?
Are they a breed or some type of mix.
They all look exactly the same.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Im sticking with my pouter guess. .those have featherd feet and look like that bird...lol.. in the pic it is a young one and it is crouching down..so it does not look like a typical pouter in the pick.. but I can see a bit of a distinct crop there..

here are two more.
http://images01.olx.com.pk/ui/9/96/98/1288992741_135348898_7-Fancy-Pigeons-Pouters--1288992741.jpg
Ah yes...I see the resemblance...but the beak is longer than the pouter's and it has a larger cere. But maybe because it is a young bird? But a young bird would have a smaller cere. I'm still thinking Homer/Swallow cross...:)

This is fun...
Keith...has any of them puffed up like a pouter yet?

Dawn

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Ah yes...I see the resemblance...but the beak is longer than the pouter's and it has a larger cere. But maybe because it is a young bird? But a young bird would have a smaller cere. I'm still thinking Homer/Swallow cross...:)

This is fun...
Keith...has any of them puffed up like a pouter yet?

Dawn
If it was a swallow cross it would be more likley it would have black or gray wings and markings.. and yes the cere is small in young birds.. the head of this bird looks like the swallow type head..these white pouter have the same type slim beak and head..and the pouter are a tall slim bird.. like the one keith shows.. maybe he can post a better picture of it standing upright..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for your input. I'll take some more pictures and post them, but not tonight.

I just got home, I left at 5:00AM to go to the Fremont Pigeon Swap and visited 4 lofts today and went through 1 3/4 tanks of gas in a Saturn.

I am worn out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts